- The Deshpande Foundation India, based in Hubli in North Karnataka and Nizamabad in North Telangana,delivers social impact programs in a range of areas: Skill Development, Agriculture, and Startups.
- The Skilling Division provides skills to 5,000 college graduates from rural and semi-urban communities each year and places 85% of them in jobs in leading companies in cities like Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Pune. It also teaches English to 8,000 middle school children in over 100 villages and provides early childhood education in government schools in tier 2 and 3 cities.
- The Agricultural Division creates holistic ecosystems bringing together best practices and partnerships to create cost-efficient and effective programs for farmers. Its initiatives include constructing farm ponds, supporting farmer producer organizations, and helping 92,000 cotton farmers adopt sustainable techniques.
- The Startups Division provides an ecosystem to support entrepreneurs with resources, connections, and knowledge to scale their ventures and penetrate untapped rural markets. It also works with micro-entrepreneurs with unique products to expand their businesses through mentorship and support.
- The Foundation would like to recruit a talented and experienced Senior Manager for the responsibilities as described below, based out of Nizamabad, Telangana. The Senior Manager will report to the CEO of Kakatiya Sandbox, Deshpande Foundation. The candidate must have a deep interest in social impact.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Manager who will be based in Nizamabad, Telangana and play a significant role in building the intended ecosystem and platform for the further growth of Deshpande Foundation in North Telangana. This role will require you to:
- Be responsible for developing strategies for the expansion of the proven programs by analyzing relevant factors and accounting for its impact
- To strategize, monitor, and evaluate set of interventions/programs of Skilling, Agriculture, and Entrepreneurship
- To create a cohesive strategy for the economic transformation of North Telangana working with Government, District Collectors, Industry bodies, NGO partners, and execute it with our partners
- To manage, nurture, and grow our ecosystem partners from North Telangana with an aim to accelerate the economic transformation of North Telangana. Currently, we have TiE Nizamabad, Nirmaan, Agastya International Foundation, NEWS as our ecosystem partners
- To execute new ecosystem pilots and initiatives for the economic transformation of North Telangana
Key Competency and Skills:
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Experience in program management, strategic planning & execution.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and basic knowledge of Hindi. Knowledge of Telugu would be an added advantage.
We expect the candidate to be a mature and innovative self-starter who is comfortable collaborating with people with diverse educational backgrounds.